Our partner in leather development is ECCO leather. They are one of world’s leading manufacturers of innovative and premium quality leathers, having its main tanning facility in the Netherlands and other award-winning tannery facilities located across Europe, Southeast Asia and the Far East.
Together we are constantly striving to reduce our environmental impact of our operations.
The Best Quality
All our products are made from European cow hides. Full-grain leather comes from the top layer of the animal hide and is the finest form of leather material. As it’s taken from the strongest layer of the hide, the leather is very challenging to use and takes the finest, most experienced craftsmen to shape it. ECCO leather’s craftsmanship will guarantee you the best quality and unique aesthetic.
We are only using the best quality leather for our products, produced from the finest grade full-grain leather by ECCO Leather. The difference is in its outstanding appearance, feel, and durability. Due to full-grain leather coming from the top layer of the hide is strong and it tells its own unique story, due to the fact it has been exposed to nature’s elements.
This might result in some characteristic signs such as slight irregularities, discolouration, wrinkles and marks. These do not affect the durability of our products, in fact these arise from the natural beauty of premium leather. Each hide tells its own unique story and therefore we choose to incorporate these slight irregularities into our products, showcasing each product’s natural uniqueness and handcrafted nature.
The dense fibers in full-grain leather have more strength and durability. Despite the rigidity of this leather, full-grain leather is still breathable even after light aniline or vegetable tanning techniques are used to gently stain the leather. This is very different from other grades of leather.
Our products created from full-grain leather will improve with age and handling, developing its own unique patina. This glossy sheen and natural darkening process can only really be achieved through age, use, and exposure to sunlight.
How do I maintain DECODED Leather?
We have created a care guide with tips on how to take the best care your leather DECODED items.
DECODED uses only premium quality full grain leather. There may be some characteristic signs such as discolouration, wrinkles, scars and marks. Those do not affect the durability of the product, in fact these arise from the natural beauty of premium leather.
For general cleaning on the leather parts of your DECODED product, please use a soft cloth and a leather cleaner and/or conditioning cream and follow instructions. This should be done three or four times a year and this facilitates the durability, shine and increases the beauty of your DECODED product overall. When it comes to the chemicals that you use to clean your DECODED product, you need to be very careful. Turpentine and mineral spirits must be avoided as they can pull colour, and caustic household chemicals should never be used to clean leather and leather preparations that contain alcohol should also be avoided.
Your DECODED product is designed to last a lifetime. Check out some basic tips written below:
• For Washable Breaker leather featured on our Pop Color collection, please use a damp cloth to wash off all dirt.
• Please clean your DECODED product with only dry cloths. Please do not use any chemicals such a acetone, gasoline, alcohol etc. while cleaning your DECODED product.
• Please keep your DECODED product away from all chemical liquids.
• If your DECODED product gets wet, please wipe it off immediately and let it air dry. Direct heat could cause the leather to dehydrate and damage it.
• If you are using a leather conditioner or other leather cleaning products, please always apply it to the cloth first and not directly onto the leather.
• Please test any leather products on a small area before applying it to the entire DECODED product.
• Please do not store your DECODED product in plastic as these emit chemicals which can damage the leather, please use a cloth bag.
• Please keep your DECODED product away from cosmetics, creams, hairspray, food and other oil-based products as these are likely to stain or damage the leather and are difficult to remove.
• Please do not store your DECODED product in direct sunlight, direct spotlight, direct heat, radiator and similar devices which spread heat and powerful light to prevent fading.